Reporting to and operating under the supervision of the Head Roaster, the Roaster Trainee will go through a roaster training process with the goal of becoming a production roaster. This individual will gain a full understanding of roast curves, roasting software, and ancillary systems related to the roasting process. In addition to roasting coffee, the Roaster Trainee will also be responsible for packaging coffee products, maintaining a clean and efficient workspace, and delivering coffee to local wholesale accounts.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Learning the basic operations required to safely operate a coffee roasting machine
- Becoming proficient at cupping room tasks and developing tasting skills
- Learning roasting theory with the goal of applying roasting theory to daily roasts
- Learning the functionality of roasting equipment, including general maintenance
- Preparing documents, such as sales orders, purchase orders, and invoices
- Examining shipment contents and comparing to records to verify accuracy
- Recording incoming and outgoing shipments to maintain inventory accuracy
- Assembling items from raw materials, including whole bean and ground coffee, cold brew coffee, and other products
- Restocking items both in retail space and warehouse
- Keeping production areas clean and organized
- Conducting regular stock counts to maintain inventory accuracy
- Possession of current State of California issued driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in coffee industry desired but not required to apply
- Flexible schedule with potential to work full-time is a plus
- Ability to continuously walk or stand
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Job Type: Part-Time, Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 1 PM
Pay: Entry Level
To apply please complete a job application.
Job Closes 5/20/22